Letting Your Property
Jubb & Co have been in the property business since 1974, and have the same partners as when we started, with an additional family member partner joining in 2009. You may have seen our “For Sale” and “To Let” boards over the years, you may have even conducted business with us during this time.
We have always dealt with property management but initially on a relatively small scale. Several years ago we took the decision to withdraw from residential sales and commit our time and extensive experience to property management. This move has been a good one both for our landlords and our management team, and this secured Jubb & Co as one of the leading professional property management agents in Barnsley.
If you have a property already or are thinking about purchasing a residential property to rent out as a long term investment we are in an excellent position to assist you in making the right choice. Although we cannot give guarantees, having been in residential sales and property management for over 45 years we have a wide knowledge of Barnsley and the surrounding areas. We understand the rentability of properties in various areas and as we are no longer active in residential sales we have no conflict of interest.
We offer a complete management service and our aim is to handle your property in such a way that you can put it to the back of your mind with confidence that it is in good hands.
We ourselves have a large portfolio of properties and aim to give you the high standard of service that we would expect to receive.
A large amount of our business is derived from satisfied clients who have recommended us to family and friends. We also have landlords who have come to us because they were dissatisfied with their agent that was selling properties and conducting property management as a side line.
What our Management service covers.
- A comprehensive rental valuation and assessment.
- Advising on Health and Safety issues.
- Marketing of the property.
- Organisation and handling of all accompanied viewings.
- Thorough tenant vetting including referencing.
- Preparation and completion of tenancy agreements and other documentation.
- Detailed inventory/schedule of condition of the property and contents.
- Carrying out annual Legionella risk assessments.
- Regular property inspections to check the upkeep and condition of the property.
- Collection of rental payments.
- Rental payments paid monthly or quarterly into your bank or building society.
- Monthly/quarterly rental statements.
- Serving legal notices as and when required.
- UK tax dealt with if you are an overseas landlord.
- Informing services and utilities when there is a change of occupancy.
- Arranging maintenance/repairs with contractors.
- Arrangement of gas safety certificates.
- Arrangement of electric safety checks – soon to be a legal requirement.
- Arrangement of Energy Performance Certificate and complaince with MEES.
Unfortunately we are unable to work for free, and do make charges for our services. Our fees will depend on the amount of properties we manage for a landlord and also the type of properties they have. We find that some properties are quite easy to obtain tenants for and manage and others require an extensive amount of work. Therefore each property or portfolio of properties will be quoted on individually. Please call us for a quote.
An example of our fees at present for a Landlord with one property would be:
|Standard Management Fee:||10 % of rent due|
|Initial Set-up Fee||£200 (£240 inc VAT)|
|Minimum Fee (in case of early termination)||£100 (£120 inc VAT)|
|Remarketing (change of tenant)||£150 (£180 inc VAT)|
|Inventory audit (change of tenant)||£20 (£24 inc VAT)|
|Issuing Notice of Seeking Possession||£100 (£120 inc VAT)|
|Issuing Court Proceedings (S21)||£250 (£300 inc VAT)|
|Obtaining quote & supervision of works - 10% of cost of work over||£500|
|Redirection of mail overseas||Cost of postage|
|Faxes & overseas telephone calls||Costs incurred|
|Posting statement to UK address (annual)||£30 (£36 inc VAT)|
|Supply income and expenditure statement||£25 (£30 inc VAT)|
|Legionella Risk Assessment (bi-annual)||£50 (£60 inc VAT)|
|Inspections||£25 (£30 inc VAT)|
|Inventories / Schedule of Condition:||Varies according to size of property and property contents|
|Sale of property to tenant/tenants family||1% or £795 (whichever the greater) plus marketing costs|
If you would care to discuss our services and fees further then we would be pleased to see you in our office or you can contact us by telephone or email.